This product is no longer in stock
The MyPot® Plantation Module is a unique, high tech plantation system. It has been developed after several years of research by the New Garden System team. It is a modular (you can stack it vertically), efficient, clean and highly productive system. It has 8 planting holes where you can easily grow up to 8 plants. The inbuilt hydroponic technology allows you to cultivate all kinds of plants (vegetables, fruit, flowers, herbs ...) that grow in a healthy and spectacular way in the same space that a traditional, medium-sized flower pot would require.
The module is watertight; this ensures that the water and fertilizer only leave the system through the plants’ leaves (evapotranspiration) making the most of these resources. The sun or wind will not make the water evaporate or volatilize the fertilizer. Inside the module, a water-saturated atmosphere, that distributes the humidity homogeneously throughout the interior of the module, is created. In addition, the lower part consists of a security system that reserves 4L. of water that prevents the plants from wilting at any time.
This module integrates five hydroponic techniques, used by professional farmers, never before combined in the same cultivation system: Substrate Hydroponics, Aeroponics, Floating Root and Bioponics in the same hydroponic growing system.
- SUBSTRATE HYDROPONICS: The module comes filled with natural substrate called PERLITA. This substrate is inert and has highly desirable characteristics for root development. It provides optimum oxygenation and water retention.
- AEROPONICS: Thanks to the humidity chamber inside, the roots develop outside of the substrate, in the upper area of the planting module; there they receive the water and nutrients as a soft rain. This ensures that the plant roots always have oxygen.
- FLOATING ROOT: Once the plant is developed, the roots will colonize the lower area of the module, where they make contact with the water directly. The water in this internal reservoir is renewed in each recirculation cycle, providing fresh water, nutrients and oxygen. This reservoir guarantees that the plants always have enough water.
- BIOPONICS: This is live hydroponics; the planting module’s substrate is biologically activated with beneficial microorganisms that are naturally present in the most fertile soils. These microorganisms, harmless to humans and pets, create "liquid soil" and provide organic compounds that act as natural fortifiers for buds, stems, flowers and fruits.
- AQUAPONICS: In addition, MyPot® planting modules can be used as biological filters in an Acuaponic System. Aquaponics is a hydroponic growing system that combines plant cultivation with fish farming. The MyPot® planting module is ideal for filtering ponds and small lakes, you can plant and grow vegetables while purifying the water in your systems. The plants’ roots will absorb the castings produced by the fish and the vegetables (or flowers) will grow in a completely eco-friendly way in this closed cycle. The perlite will filter the larger particles of organic matter, returning high quality, filtered water to the fish tank. It can be used with ornamental or edible fish such as tilapia.
All our MyPot® modules are manufactured in Spain with high quality, toxin-free (no hormone disruptors, e.g. bisphenol). plastics (polypropylene). They are treated with UV protection which guarantees that they do not deteriorate and can be used for both indoor and outdoor grows. Both polypropylene and perlite are materials authorized for organic growing.
The MyPot® plantation module is composed of several parts that are detailed below:
- EXTERNAL STRUCTURE: This is the main structure of the MyPot® plantation module; it is cylindrical and consists of 4 lateral plantation holes. It is a sturdy, high quality and light-weight piece. The other module parts fit perfectly into this, as do the other modules of the MyPot® system (reservoir and spacer).
- DOSING DEVICE: It is the "lid" module that is placed at the top and has four planting holes that allow cultivation in the MyPot® system. It has holes for placing guides for the plants. It acts as a water flow regulator and creates a fine shower of water and nutrients inside the module.
- DRAINAGE GRID: It is an internal part that has the function of separating the substrate from the internal, 4L. reservoir. It has several functions, such as helping to drain the substrate, promote nutrient solution capillarity, root control and oxygenate the water.
- ANTI-ROT FILTER: It is a set of 4 sponges that are placed in special holes in the drainage grid that prevent excessive root colonization inside the internal nutrient solution reservoir.
- INTERNAL RESERVOIR TANK: It is an internal, 4L. Safety tank, where the roots of adult plants fluctuate. Through the perlite, it provides the correct moisture to the entire Mypot® module.
MyPot® planting module offers great versatility in its use, for example, you can use it as a self-irrigating planter, in which you can place up to 8 different ornamental plants or herbs. When combined with other similar modules, you can create a wonderful autonomous vertical flower column and, if you include the tank module and the recirculation pumps, you will get an automatic growing table for an urban vertical kitchen garden or a magnificent vertical garden, specially designed for urban cultivation. In addition, it is a suitable for creating bio-constructions, with which you can erect floral and/or edible columns to decorate your space or build bio-arbours/bio-pergolas.